There’s no doubts when we say the Balearic Islands are one of the most popular destination amongst British holidaymakers. These stunning islands in the Mediterranean Sea have much to offer, from gorgeous white beaches to a vibrant clubbing scene. If it’s diversity you’re looking for, then the Balearic’s might just be the destination for you.
The Balearic’s consist of many small Islands, however it’s only Majorca, Ibiza, Menorca, Formentera and Cabrera that are inhabited. From here, you can then visit and explore the other islands by boat.
Majorca is all about those long golden beaches, calm blue waters and historical sites. Perfect for families and couples, take part in the local water sports or explore treasured caves, before trying some of the local cuisine. Resorts along the east coast such as Cala Bona or Cala Millor, are a must go for freshly caught fish and other seafood dishes.
- Serra de Tramuntana. Explore the Serra de Tramuntana mountain range which runs southwest to northeast, forming the northern backbone of Majorca. This breathtakingly unique mountain range became a UNESCO’s World Heritage site in 2011 and has been one of Majorca’s most popular tourist spots since.
- Acqua Life Dive Center. Looking for a bit of adventure? Learn to breath underwater with one of the many scuba diving and snorkelling courses available here.
- Caves of Drach. A trip to these magnificent caves in the resort of Porto Cristo is a must. Home to one of the largest underground lakes in Europe, the boat tour will take you across Lake Martel and includes a classical music concert inside the caves.
Traditionally, if it’s a party you’re looking for then Ibiza is the place to be. Home to some of the biggest clubs in the world, the islands lively atmosphere is perfect for groups. However, there’s more to Ibiza then you might think.
If it’s heritage you’re looking for, pay a visit to Ibiza Town which has earned itself a place on UNESCO’s World Heritage Site list. Surrounded by medieval stone walls, take a step back in time whilst exploring the whitewashed streets. For those lazier days on white sands, Ibiza’s tucked away coves are the places to be.
- Yacht Rental. With an impressive 5 star rating on TripAdvisor, hire a yacht from the Ibiza Yacht Rental CharterAlia. Perfect for hen or stag parties, speed boating or sailing trips, you can spend just a few hours, a whole day or even longer exploring the Ibiza coast line.
- Dalt Vila. Take a trip up the cobbled streets of Dalt Vila for amazing panoramic views of the island, away from all the noise and buzz.
- Es Vedrà. For a bit of hiking, or just some time to relax whilst the sun sets, Es Vedrà is the go to place in Ibiza. The small rocky island which sits just off the coast can be easily reached via boat, tickets can be booked locally.
Putting the spotlight on relaxation, Menorca is the ideal family and couples destination due to it’s tranquil atmosphere. Stroll along endless white beaches or countryside scenery for the perfect escape from reality. But it’s the white sands and crystal clear waters which keeps people returning to Menorca year after year.
- Jeep Safari Menorca. For a fantastic day out, take a tour on a 4×4 to explore the nature and magnificent views of the island.
- Mahon Port. Either take a romantic stroll around the port, or enjoy a tour in one of the glass bottom boats. Experience some of the breathtaking underwater views whilst also sporting a bit of sight seeing.
- Cala Mitjana. Offering fine white sand surrounded by lime stone cliffs, this beautiful beach is perfect for anyone wanting to take a splash or catch some sun rays.
Over recent years the Balearic’s have created some outstanding all-inclusive hotels, plus some great half board and self-catering options. Holidays here are designed to help you relax and make some amazing memories whilst also being kind on the pocket.
With such a wide variation of things to do there, it’s no real surprise the Balearics appeal to almost everyone. Families in particular flock here every year thanks to its vast choice of friendly hotels offering a guaranteed fulfilled holiday for everyone. To top it all off, flights to the Balearics are all under two and a half hours*, meaning your dream holiday is just around the corner.
*Based from London Gatwick